Frequently Asked Questions
If these don't solve the problem, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with a detailed description of that problem along with the steps necessary to reproduce it. You must register your software to receive FREE technical support.
- Why should I purchase a license of VisualStat?
- How much does it cost to purchase VisualStat?
- VisualStat will not allow me more than 500 rows or 500 columns on the Datasheet. Why?
- Does VisualStat support other language that English?
- What is the software delivery model of VisualStat?
- Can VisualStat run on a Mac, or a Linux system?
- When I ran VisualStat for the first time, the program prompted me to download and install statconnDCOM. Is this normal?
- When I try to use R commands, I get error messages related to R, statconnDCOM, and/or COM objects. How do I fix this?
- I have a problem when downloading VisualStat
- I have install problems with VisualStat
- Will VisualStat work with Windows 8?
- I get conversion error messages on R commands. How fix that?
should I purchase a license of VisualStat?
A: You will be able to use VisualStat after the 30-day evaluation period.
much does it cost to purchase VisualStat?
A: US $99.00
VisualStat will not allow me more than 500 rows or
500 columns on the Datasheet. Why?
A: You can create up to 2,000,000,000 rows and 2,000,000,000 columns in a VisualStat DataSheet.
- To add a new column to a DataSheet, from the Ribbon, choose the tab Data, the group Variable and the command Add
- To add a new row to a DataSheet, from the Ribbon, choose the tab Data, the group Case and the command Insert Rows
- You can also use the Property Page to view your DataSheet properties and change the RowCount and ColumnCount properties. Use the command View > Document > Properties, and select DataSheet from the combo box
VisualStat add automatically a new row if you press the enter key at the last cell of the DataSheet, or if you press the down arrow key in the last row. You can insert more than one row at once by selecting many rows before use the "Insert > Row" menu command.
Does VisualStat support other language that English?
A: VisualStat is a native international application that is provided in French and US version. The appropriate version is automatically selected by VisualStat, depending on your operating system. But you can choose the input language by using VisualStat options.
What is the software delivery model
A: VisualStat is a desktop application, not a Web application. It needs to be installed on the user's machine.
Q: Can VisualStat run on a Mac, or a
A: Currently, VisualStat only runs on Windows, but a Mac / Linux version is feasible in the future if there is sufficient demand for it.
When I ran VisualStat for the first
time, the program prompted me to download and install statconnDCOM.
Is this normal?
A: Yes. In order to perform calculations, VisualStat uses R, the open-source language for statistical computing (http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base). Calculating routines (algorithms) come in the form of R libraries (packages) that need to be downloaded and installed. Normally this is done only once, on VisualStat installation.
You need to reinstall statconnDCOM manually. Here's the link to download the latest version (http://rcom.univie.ac.at/download.html). Please make sure to download the package called statconnDCOM, not any other package.
When I try to use R commands, I get
error messages related to R, statconnDCOM, and/or COM objects. How
do I fix this?
A: The VisualStat installer installs R (version 3.1) and all packages required to run R functions. After that, you must install statconnDCOM manually. If that doesn't work, check the following steps:
- If you installed VisualStat using only the MSI installer, please try the full installer as it contains code that properly sets up FlexArray's connection to R.
- Make sure you have R version 3.1.0 or later installed on
- VisualStat's full installer comes with R version 3.1.0 included. Other versions can be downloaded here (http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base).
- Please note that recent packagesare not compatible with R versions earlier than 3.1.0
- You must install the library (package) rscproxy. Normally it
is supposed to be installed by the VisualStat installer, but you
can do this manually:
- Run R as an administrator (very important!)
- Enter the following command:
install.packages("rscproxy", lib=.Library, dependencies=TRUE, repos="http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/R/CRAN")
- Make sure no error messages are displayed.
- Close R.
- Make sure you have tha last version of statconnDCOM installed on your computer. Here's the link to download the latest version (http://rcom.univie.ac.at/download.html).
I have a
problem when downloading VisualStat
A: The VisualStat download page is http://www.visualstat.com/download/. If, for some reason, the download page did not work for you, you can choose a distribution available on many mirror sites.
The VisualStat installer (vstsetup.exe) is a Self-Extracting File. Nevertheless, you can open it by using unzip utility. If your unzip utility gives you a warning ("archive may be damaged", "CRC-32 error", etc.), this usually means your download was incomplete or the file failed to write correctly to your hard drive. Go back to your favorite Worldwide Distribution Network and repeat the download. The problem almost invariably is a faulty download. Do it again, get a fresh copy of the file..
VisualStat installation package include the Microsoft Windows installer bootstrap loader. The bootstrap loader checks to see if the Windows installer is already on the target machine. If not, the bootstrap loader installs the correct installer for the target machine's operating system.
VisualStat use ODBC drivers to import external database. VisualStat is provided Visual FoxPro ODBC Driver. Please, find additional ODBC drivers by visiting the websites of software developers.
- SAS Drivers for ODBC
- SPSS Inc. Data Access Pack
- Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable
Will VisualStat work
with Windows 8?
A: Yes. VisualStat is compatible with Windows 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems (basically anything back to Windows Vista) including Windows 8.
I get conversion error messages on R commands. How fix that?
A: If you receive an error such as "Conversion from string "0.95" to type 'Double' is not valid", please Please open the option dialog box (File > Options) and select Language. Under Default Culture, select "English (United States)"